JOIN Our Summer Community
Working at Summerside is more than a job. Our counselors are a part of the SCH family and make a difference in children’s lives. We are looking for counselors who aren’t afraid to take risks, seek ways to improve and grow, are willing to work hard, and love to have fun.
Located right in the heart of Chestnut Hill, we offer more than 30 types of specialty camps as well as our Summerside Day Camp (formerly knowns as Red Hot). Benefits of working at Summerside include:
- Great schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
- Weekends off
- Competitive salary
- Camp discounts for staff children
- Beautiful 62-acre campus adjacent to the Wissahickon Valley Watershed
- Working with awesome people
Interested in working with us? Fill out our Summerside Employment Form.
All Summerside staff meet PA Certification Requirements per law and have received pre-season training as well as other professional development throughout the camp season.
Please know you can quickly identify the following types of staff based on the shirt they are wearing:
- Director of Summer Programs = White Summerside Polo Shirt
- Camp Instructors = Light Blue Summerside Polo Shirt
- Camp Counselors = Red Summerside T-shirt, STAFF on back