Blue Devils Club
The Blue Devils Club provides a vehicle for Springside and CHA alumni, SCH Academy alumni, parents, and friends to support the athletic program at SCH Academy. This volunteer leadership committee falls under the joint direction of the Athletic and Development offices, and helps to increase community engagement in our athletic programs as well as fundraising and other volunteer efforts.
The Blue Devils Club is committed to the goal of overall excellence in SCH Athletics through a unified partnership and open communication among the Blue Devils Club, the Development Office, athletic administrators, coaches, and parents.
current bdc initiatives on campus:
- Supporting the Positive Coaching Alliance which brings trained speakers to campus to work with coaches and student-athlete leaders on increasing their positive impact on their teams and community. See the story below.
- Managing and staffing the Snack SCHack for most athletic events held on the Landreth Field at Maguire Stadium.
- Raising funds to purchase a new cart for the athletic training staff, improve the scoring system for squash, and other sports specific initiatives.
- Celebrating National Girls and Women in Sports Day on February 2, 2022. See the story below.
- Participating in SCH Day to raise money for the Blue Devils Fund, the athletic designation of the SCH Fund.
Successful BDC Projects:
- Implemented livestreaming technology for 2 fields and 2 gyms on campus using HUDL.
- Hosting Alumni Athlete Forums for current student to hear directly from their collegiate peers about their experiences in college. See the story below.