Parents can export any calendar from our web calendar and import the events directly into their Google calendar, iCal, or outlook.
Step 1: Filter your criteria by date and activity
• Go to the "calendar" link in the blue bar on the left.
• Click on “Show Filter Options.”
• "Uncheck All" in the Event Categories box.
• Determine what events categories you would like to add to your personal calendar, be sure to select applicable division events and the events, for example "Important Dates" and "LS Girls."
• Press “Apply Filter.” (This will be at the very bottom of the list of items. You will need to scroll down.)
• The calendar will now be displaying JUST the events which for you have set the filter(s) to display.
Step 2: Export the Calendar
• Select the green icon directly under the “Find” to the right of the search window, this is the FEEDS button.
• Choose “Export iCalendar Data.”
• Save the file to your computer using a file name/location you will remember.
Step 3A: Import to Outlook (2013)
• Open Outlook.
• From top, choose “File.”
• Choose “Open & Export.”
• Choose “Import/Export.”
• Choose “Import from another program or file.”
• Select the file you saved earlier.
• You can choose to import the file or open as new. “Open as New” is probably the best.
[Note: Import will place the information into your main calendar. This makes it difficult to correct from mistakes. “Open as New” creates a new calendar. In Outlook 2013 you can keep distinct calendars that can be overlaid for viewing. This makes it easier to blow out old copies and upload refreshed versions from the SCH calendar page.]
Step 3B: Import to a Google Calendar
• Open your Google calendar.
• Go to “Other Calendars” in the lefthand rail and select “Import Calendar” from the dropdown menu.
• Choose file that you saved in Step 2.
• Hit “Import” button.
Note: Many thanks to parent John Sheppard who prepared these tips for fellow parents and has shared a document including screen shots here.