The SCH Academy library program supports the school’s mission to prepare students to be active learners and responsible global citizens.
We strive to:
- help students and teachers find and use information effectively:
- online information is rapidly changing and increasing with few quality controls; it is even more important to teach students to access, critically evaluate, and appropriately utilize information.
- provide access to a wide variety of resources—print and digital—that support curriculum, inspire the imagination, expand our worldview.
- help students develop competency in and joy of reading—and expand view of “valued reading” and literacy
- to include books, magazines, newspapers, blogs, and other digital resources, graphic novels, and new media.
- create a “reading rocks” culture via book sharing, book commercials, and promotions.