The message below, from Board Chair Patrick Lindsay, was sent to the SCH community as current Head of School Steve Druggan and his wife, Pia, move on after six years of extraordinary accomplishments.
On behalf of the board of trustees—past and present—I would like to take a moment to offer our collective thank you and appreciation to Steve and Pia Druggan for their service, care, passion, and leadership to SCH.
Over the past six years, we have benefitted from Steve’s data-driven leadership and it will, in fact, be a part of his permanent legacy. Hence, the Board of Trustees would like to acknowledge him with the following data points:
- The Mission and Values of the School were generated as a result of the Stakeholder Clarity Summit.
- The School endowment grew by over 40%.
- Physical enhancements to campus include: performing arts space, Class of 2016 Commons entrance, renovations of the Rec, entrances with logo and values and banners along Willow Grove Avenue, a transformed playground for ECC, AND… the construction and opening of the new $34M McCausland Lower School and Commons, thus completing Phase II of Campus Master Plan.
- The three academic divisions were relocated to their own campuses, strengthening divisional identity and resource management.
- Enrollment has grown to almost 1,200 students.
- Now serving almost 100 children per year, SCH opened an Early Childhood Center.
- Horizons at SCH was launched and will now welcome 30 students to campus this summer.
- CEL has launched over 300 commercial and non-profit ventures, raised over $200,000 for various social impact initiatives, our students have won almost 50 national and international entrepreneurship honors, and our curriculum has been licensed internationally.
- A Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Committee comprised of board members, alumni, faculty, and parents was formed to consider and recommend practices and policy across all aspects of SCH.
Steve and Pia, on behalf of the entire SCH community I thank you for all you have done for our school. I am not sure how you were able to do it, but you were always visible at every event and most important you knew our students. Yes, you knew them by name!
As you venture on to your next opportunity, please know that we will always remember and cherish the time you spent with us and you will always be a part of the SCH family. We wish you both and your boys much success.
Enjoy our video send-off highlighting SCH under Steve’s leadership.
Thank you to the entire Druggan family.
Chair, SCH Board of Trustees
* * * Click image to view; hit space bar to pause. * * *