SCH is pleased to offer our parents access to an outstanding parent series—six one-hour webinars—led by celebrated experts in the fields of education, parenting, and child development. This yearlong series is sponsored by the Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS) and The Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS), who have a proven record of providing excellent programming for educators and school communities.
The webinars will take place online from 7:30-8:30 PM (ET) on September 28, November 30, January 17, February 13, March 5, and April 15.
Topics covered in this series will include:
- skills for communicating so your children will listen more attentively
- strategies for raising a motivated and self-driven child
- an understanding of brain development to empower caregivers to support children cognitively and behaviorally at home including an exploration of the impact of technology on development and learning
- strategies for talking to youth about heated topics
- tools to help children more effectively manage disappointment and limits, develop self-esteem, and navigate their social world
School Leaders, the ISACS Parent Series has become a hallmark ISACS program for member schools, designed to strengthen partnerships with parents in support of essential school/home relationships. ISACS has created another exceptional series of six one-hour webinars for parents in all stages of their children’s growth. We know you will find these new topics to be compelling and significantly important to your school and to parents as they continue to learn from leading experts in the fields of education, parenting, and child development. We hope the parents in your school see this resource as one of the many benefits of belonging to your school community. Many educators have also participated!
Webinars will be recorded and available to registered schools until May 31, 2024, with the exception of the September 28 webinar recording, which will only be available until December 31.
More information, including how to register, will be available on the parent series will be available on our webpage in the coming weeks!