Happy Black History Month to everyone in our SCH community. As we embark upon a month-long celebration of the contributions of African Americans and honor the sacrifices many made in efforts to achieve equality, it is important to remember that Black History is American history and should be upheld and celebrated all year long. There will be plenty of opportunities in the upcoming weeks to learn and celebrate with everyone in our community. Below you will find some of the events taking place in the month of February but stay tuned for other exciting opportunities as well.
- LSG I Love My Hair Assembly - Weds, Feb 9
- LSB I Love My Hair Assembly - Thurs, Feb 10
- MS I Love My Hair Assembly - Thurs, Feb 10
- I Love My Hair Day - Thurs, Feb 10
- BSU Poetry Open Mic Night - Thurs, Feb 17
- BSU Movie Night - Thurs, Feb 24
- LS Door Decorating Activity (all month)
- US Door Decorating Contest (all month)
- Looking for events around the city? Check out this list.
- Interested in Black movies centered around joy? Find some here.
- Seeking opportunities for activism in the classroom? Take a look at this.
- Need help engaging students in conversations about Black History? This will help.
- Want a good book challenge? Here you go.
Finally, the theme for this year’s #BHM is Black Health and Wellness. Be well. Be safe. Be kind.
~ Mrs. Guy, Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion