Upper School Admissions
be part of something larger
Distinguished by a 62-acre urban oasis, dedicated and talented faculty, and an ever-growing community of passionate and thoughtful people, SCH Academy embraces the 'whole' of a person and provides the resources and teachers to encourage growth in every interest. Whether your soccer player runs off the field to a musical rehearsal, or your singer rushes to the robotics lab after choir practice, we encourage our students to never limit themselves.
Grades 9-12 Application Checklist
- Admissions Application
- Parent Questionnaire and Follow-Up Conversation
- Student Full-Day Visit & Faculty Interview
- Current Math & English Teacher Recommendations & Current Principal, Guidance Counselor or Advisor Recommendation
- Current Report Card or Progress Report from Student's Current School (two years' worth of final grades from previous school(s))
- Outside Testing (SSAT, ISEE, PSAT, SAT, or ACT)
Opportunity for incoming 9th Graders
The Jordie Maine '79 Scholarship is awarded annually to one scholar-athlete who exemplifies the character, talent, and leadership abilities of Jordie Maine, CHA alumnus. All incoming 9th grade students and current SCH 8th graders are eligible to apply to the Jordie Maine '79 Scholarship.
Deadline to apply: January 7 | Scholarship application opportunities reopen late August of the incoming school year.
Meet our upper school students
The application process for all international students is facilitated by one of our partnering agencies. All applicants must be interviewed and provide recent TOEFL scores. Applicant tours and student visits must be scheduled and hosted by a partnering agency. International families interested in applying to SCH should reach out to one of our partner agencies: