Early childhood center admissions
give your child the best
Modeled on the Reggio Emilia philosophy, the Early Childhood Center (ECC) offers an approach closely aligned with SCH Academy's educational mission in the Lower, Middle, and Upper Schools.
The year-round private preschool program is directed by experienced educator and dedicated SCH teacher Janet Giovinazzo. With a master's in education from Temple University and a combined 43 years in education, Janet ensures that all ECC classrooms are designed to support our youngest learners' comfort, creativity, and joyful exploration.
The ECC has remained open for the summer of 2020 and plans to remain open for the academic year 2020-2021. Learn more about our ECC schedule & rates.
frequently asked questions
- Is Reggio Emilia similar to the Montessori method?
- Where is the ECC located?
- How are the classes / ages divided?
- What is the teacher to child ratio?
- Is there a half-day option?
- Will there be a nurse on duty?
- What is your policy and the process for potty training?
- Will ECC classes be coed or single-sex (per the SCH model)?
- Is financial aid or a sibling discount offered?
- Do ECC families have a preferred or fast-tracked admissions process to SCH's Lower School Admissions?
- What types of clearances are required for staff to work at the ECC?