The SCH library program contributes to the diversity of teaching and learning at SCH as librarians ...
- collaborate with teachers to extend and diversify the scope of units and projects.
- use technology to differentiate and diversify exploration and expression.
- identify extensive resources for teachers and students for exploration, research, and project-based learning.
- connect with students and share passions and resources.
- help students choose books to build competency and encourage a joy of reading through reader’s advisory.
The libraries are a hub of student activity at SCH Academy:
- Librarians help students develop their capacity to locate, evaluate, and apply information.
- Classes visit the library to conduct research or seek out materials for pleasure reading.
- Librarians collaborate with teachers and visit classrooms to teach research skills, share resources, and promote reading.
- Librarians facilitate content creation and digital publishing to give students a voice.