Open House events are your opportunity to see why we are so passionate about our school
Join us for any of our 2014 admissions events!
The best way to learn about SCH is to visit the school. Bring your family to SCH for our All-School Open House. Walk-ins are welcome.
Inside SCH events provide an intimate Open House forum that enables families to visit classrooms and engage in discussions with school leaders specific to the division in which you are interested.
Athletic Open House | Sunday, November 2, 1:00-2:00 pm
All-School Open House | Sunday, November 2, 2:00-4:00 pm
Athletes are invited one hour prior to the all-school Open House at 2 pm to learn about SCH Academy’s athletic program, meet some of our student-athletes, coaches, and admissions directors, and tour our beautiful facilities and playing fields. Students are encouraged to stay for the full program afterwards to learn more about our academic program and to have their school-related questions answered.
Registration will be in the Vare Field House on the Cherokee Campus, and our staff will help direct parking. Once you arrive, our volunteers will direct you to the registration tables. The SCH Open House promises to be an exciting afternoon that will provide your family with many opportunities to learn why SCH Academy provides students with an education beyond the expected. Here are a few highlights by division:
Inside SCH for Lower & Middle School Girls | Tuesday, December 2, 8:30-10:30 amInside SCH for Lower & Middle School Boys | Tuesday, December 9, 8:30-10:30 am
- Explore our 1,600-square-foot state-of-the-art Engineering and Robotics Lab, equipped with MakerBot 3D printers, a laser cutter, CAD/CAM, and a CNC milling machine.
- Observe students creating and editing video projects in our VidCast Studio using state-of-the-art software and instructed by our award-winning faculty.
- Participate in an English class as students debate a moral dilemma unearthed in a recent short story they read.
- Experiment along with Middle School boys as they collaborate, design, test, and build wind turbines with various blade configurations and combinations.
- Join Middle School girls for the Heart Rate Lab as students hypothesize and test increases or decreases in heart rate using Vernier heart rate probes and statistical analyses.
- Observe English students generating graphic organizers around the major themes from Of Mice and Men.
- Watch and listen as 5th grade girls build digital instruments with SCRATCH and Makey Makey.
- Play arcade games designed and created by 4th grade girls through the Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership for their target consumer—Lower School students at Community Night!
- Learn how Lower School students are challenged through Math Enrichment and Math Olympiads.
- Watch 2nd grade girls investigate and sort contents of owl pellets in one of our science labs.
- Get moving! Travel through a gymnasium transformed into a human heart in the Heart Adventure Challenge.
- Create and play instruments with our Music Department faculty.
We are excited to welcome you to our beautiful 62-acre campus. Please complete the information in this link—Inquire
—and also indicate the event you plan to attend. We will then reserve a spot for you and send you more information about start time, what to expect, and parking so you will know exactly where to go.
Many thanks and again we look forward to meeting you at SCH!
Follow these easy steps.
Request further information about SCH or register for an admissions event.
Forty-one percent of our students live in the Philadelphia city limits.
Thirty percent of SCH Academy are students of color.
Approximately forty percent of the student body receive financial aid and/or scholarships.